Since version 1.1.0 of the application, these operations are no longer necessary since the app now supports the new version of Android TV Remote Control Service.
You can now update your Bbox TV.
This problem stems from the fact that an Android TV update has changed the way to communicate with the system. As Google hasn’t documented the new protocol, unfortunately I can’t update my app at this time.
The only solution is therefore to remove this update, in order to make my application functional again. I am truly sorry.
If you no longer have your original remote control, you can connect a USB keyboard or gamepad (you can also use a mouse, but this is less practical) to your Bbox TV in order to perform the necessary operations.
Here are the steps to follow on your Bbox TV Player:
- Press the “Home” key to access the Android TV home screen. Or disconnect then reconnect the player electrically to return to the home screen.
- Launch the “Play Store” application
- Search for the “Android TV Remote Control Service” application
- Click on “Uninstall“.
My application is then functional again. However, I advise you to follow the following steps so you don’t have to repeat these operations:
- From the Play Store, click on your profile picture at the top right of the screen
- Navigate to “Settings / Automatic update of apps“
- Select “Do not automatically update applications“
My application is functional again and will remain so.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but unfortunately I can do nothing for now.