The keyboard is unavailable in my app since the latest “Android TV Remote Service” update. This issue is because this update changed the way to communicate with the system.
I am currently working to restore the situation, but in the meantime (this may take some time), the solution is to remove this update, in order to make the keyboard functional again in my application.
I am sorry.
Here are the steps to follow on your Android TV device:
- Press the “Home” key to access the Android TV home screen
- Launch the “Play Store” application
- Search for the “Android TV Remote Control Service” application
- Click on “Uninstall“.
All you have to do is do a “network scan” from the application settings.
The keyboard is then functional again. However, I advise you to follow the following steps so you don’t have to repeat these operations.
- From the Play Store, click on your profile picture at the top right of the screen
- Navigate to “Settings / Automatic update of apps“
- Select “Do not automatically update applications“
I’m sorry for the inconvenience.